Where I love to eat in the big apple
I get hungry just thinking about these places, let alone looking at their pictures! If I have done my job right you will too!!
- Blue Smoke- Start with the warm barbeque potato chips, try the fried chicken, or steak, macaroni & cheese, creamed spinach, and cornbread. Biscuits are a must!! (http://www.bluesmoke.com/blue/)
- Junior’s Restaurant- The burgers and deli sandwiches are good but if you come here and don’t try the famed cheesecake you should be ashamed of yourself! I’m a regular at the Times Square location. Be sure to check out both of their take out stands on either side of the restaurant for food, cake, and coffee to go. (http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/)
- Tao Restaurant- I love the tuna tartare, shrimp tempura, kung pao chicken, and you must finish your meal with the sugar dusted doughnuts! (http://www.taorestaurant.com/)
- Carmine's- Everything is great here and made to share at this family style Italian restaurant. (http://www.carminesnyc.com/)
- Adrienne’s Pizza Bar - An old fashioned pizza is what to choose here and no matter what toppings you select you will be in heaven. If you happen to visit Fraunces Tavern (detailed in part 2 of these series) this place is down the block. (http://www.adriennespizzabar.com/)
- Artisanal Bistro-Here it’s all about the fondue, fondue, fondue!! They have a cheese gift shop for crying out loud! Also try the escargot and grilled cheese bites for an appetizer. (http://www.artisanalbistro.com/)
- Alfredo of Rome- Started in Rome and created fettuccine alfredo so that has to be your entrée. I like to start with the calamari stuffed with lobster and end with a white chocolate tiramisu- the only place I have ever seen it. This restaurant is located in Rockefeller Center if you are ever in the area. (http://www.alfredos.com/)
- Brasserie Les Halles- Travel Channel host Anthony Bourdain’s restaurant. Here I like the French dip sandwich, sandwich de poulet, and macaroni and cheese. But I am sure any of the classics are delicious. (http://leshalles.net/brasserie/)
- Morton’s Steakhouse- For a chopped salad, a lobster tail (who knew it was so hard to find a place that serves just the tail), steak (obviously), creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and a slice of New York Cheesecake. (http://www.mortons.com/)
- Peanut Butter & Co.- Serves up this oldie but goodie in a bunch of interesting ways. This place is small so avoid if possible at lunch time. (http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/)
- Momofuku Milk Bar- This suggestion was given to me by none other than Anderson Cooper!! Ok, so it was given to me and anyone else who saw him on Regis and Kelly bragging about their Composte Cookie. It has pretzels, potato chips, coffee, oats, butterscotch, and chocolate chips. It’s the best cookie in the world. Who thought to blend sweet and salty! It satisfies everyone. I also highly recommend the blueberry and cream cookie. My good friend Anderson Cooper is addicted to the Crack Pie, I have not yet tried it but he wouldn’t lie to us! (http://www.momofuku.com/restaurants/milk-bar/)
Next up in the NYC series: Part 4, The Best Thing I Ever Ate!!!
Post a Comment